molly
♫♪
Website

Where Is Blue?

Where did Blue go?

#2 Thu 26th Jan 2012 06:43 am

SW

Re: Where Is Blue?

I miss him so much. I just hope that he is well and happy.

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

#3 Thu 26th Jan 2012 09:03 am

molly
♫♪
Website

Me too...

#4 Thu 26th Jan 2012 11:18 am

blue
observer
Website

Hi - thank you for your comments.

I'm still here - hanging on .. about 4 months ago, I went to the optomotrist and was diagnosed as having cataracts, I needed an op or I would go blind.

While waiting for the op, I bought eye drops that dissolve cataracts. They have been working and should completely clear at the end of treatment in approx 4 to 6 weeks time. I put the operation off til then, they cut your eyes and replace the lens while you are still  awake! I'm a bit too squeamish for that.

Up until recently I had to read with dark polarised sunglasses, which was still a strain, so I hardly used the interweb.

Hopefully, I will be able to contribute again soon, but for now, I'm just letting you know I'm OK and I hope you all are, too.

Best wishes

blue

___________________________________________________________________ God put me here to accomplish certain things.
I am so far behind I will never die.

#5 Thu 26th Jan 2012 12:06 pm

molly
♫♪
Website

Yaaaaaay you're okay!! ^_^ hjarta

I hope your eyes heal soon well, Blue!

#6 Thu 26th Jan 2012 01:13 pm

Sencha

Bloomin 'eck - a bolt out of the Blue! Glad you're still reading cos that means I'll have someone else to rip the p*ss out of when Man City lose to the boys from the Black Country wink Ok so that's not very likely I admit, but hey, it's 2012 - anything's possible...

As a coincidence, I went to my optician the other day and he (a new guy) picked up on some 'retinal stretching' that hasn't been noticed before and a bunch of Latin-sounding stuff I didn't understand. I got referred to my doc who said it's prob not a biggie, but I still have to go and get checked out at Russell's Hall in a few weeks. I didn't mention my recent sun gazing to the optician as it may have sent him through the roof! yikes I told my doc who just rolled his eyes, smiled and shook his head (he knows me too well).

I heard about that lense-replacing operation they can do, and apparently lots of people get it done as a kind of permanent contact lense implant. I agree though - NOT for the faint hearted!

Glad you're doing ok though; take it easy big man.

Last edited by Sencha (Thu 26th Jan 2012 01:15 pm)

'Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world' - T’ien Yiheng.

#7 Thu 26th Jan 2012 01:14 pm

Tom Paine
Tom Paine

Good to hear from you, Blue!

Are you still living on the wild island? 
Bet you don't have a frickin' cell tower in your back yard!
There's probably a lot to be thankful for in your isolation. 

Wishing you well!

Tom Paine

#8 Thu 26th Jan 2012 06:29 pm

globug
globug

Good to hear that your well Blue!

#9 Thu 26th Jan 2012 09:15 pm

SW

So glad to know you are doing ok Blue. We really miss you. And I just had cataract surgery. It was a piece of cake. I was scared when I learned that you are awake. But they shine a bright light in your face so you can't really see anything and they put you to sleep for a few minutes while they give you some sort of shots that deaden your eye area so you feel nothing. The surgery lasts about 10 minutes and my Dr played music the whole time. It was really quite relaxing. You have a big patch on your eye so you can't see anything the first day. They took my patch off (that was the worst part pulling the tape off my face) and slowly I opened my eye and WOW - I now have HD vision. I was amazed how good I can see. I am getting my other eye done in two weeks. I am amazed how different everything looks, the Dr. said that's because I have been looking through clouds. If the drops don't work get the surgery it's worth it.

We miss you!

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

#10 Thu 26th Jan 2012 09:43 pm

Merci

Wishing you well Blue~!!!!~  hjarta  Please come back when you can. smile

Board footer