Noble Dreams

Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

#41 Mon 2nd Nov 2009 11:38 am

Falvion
gazing into Mystery
Website

Re: Women on the Edge of Evolution free teleseminar

Synch, we love you. Whatever you have to say is welcome here, you know that. par

And SW, I love your whole post. Clarissa Pinkola Estes is a brilliant woman, a perfect example of womanly light in the world. I found that book Women Who Run With The Wolves when I was first realizing I could be free and whole. It aided my growth very deeply. I can't recommend it highly enough. Maybe it's time for me to give it another read (again).

I think gender can be a trap if we never learn to look beyond it. The life that flows in me also flows in you, in the trees, the rocks, the mockingbird singing outside my window, my cats sleeping in the sunshine, the sunshine itself. When you see and truly feel that, gender takes its true place as an expression of that immense life.

Here's part of the Song of Amergin, translated by Robert Graves. It's an ancient Celtic riddle that speaks to that life, that connection between all things.

Song of Amergin wrote:

I am a stag: of seven tines,
I am a flood: across a plain,
I am a wind: on a deep lake,
I am a tear: the Sun lets fall,
I am a hawk: above the cliff,
I am a thorn: beneath the nail,
I am a wonder: among flowers,
I am a wizard: who but I
Sets the cool head aflame with smoke?

I am a spear: that roars for blood,
I am a salmon: in a pool,
I am a lure: from paradise,
I am a hill: where poets walk,
I am a boar: ruthless and red,
I am a breaker: threatening doom,
I am a tide: that drags to death,
I am an infant: who but I
Peeps from the unhewn dolmen, arch?

I am the womb: of every holt,
I am the blaze: on every hill,
I am the queen: of every hive,
I am the shield: for every head,
I am the tomb: of every hope.

#42 Mon 2nd Nov 2009 03:02 pm

Falvion
gazing into Mystery
Website

Voici, thank you for your beautiful story. Ancestors singing through you... simply wonderful. We love you, too. hjarta

And hey, Zenden! Nice to see you, sister. smile

#43 Tue 3rd Nov 2009 02:21 pm

lens

lyttylbyrdy wrote:

lens wrote:

i only see a large increase in the number of women in super high heels, tons of makeup, dressed like its their prom night every day of the week. not the way i pictured our specie's further spiritual development, but i'll take it visslar

Abraham Lincoln wrote:

“If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.???

Not to say that I'm entirely anti heels, make-up and dress clothes, mind you. Especially not if looking good on the outside helps someone feel good on the inside.  Personally, as a woman, I'm about dressing for the occasion. Where and when have you been focusing, lens? The clubs, the grocery stores, the office, the streets? (Welcome to the board, btw smile).

dont take me too seriously please, its just rants of a spiritually and sexually frustrated person smile

im just saying as much as i see a global shift in consciousness in alot of people, i see an equal increase in its opposite. and as you say you like to dress for the occasion, as im sure we all do (some more some less), indicates we still seek attention/energy that way, and some people seek it that way ONLY. so when times are in the rough (at least i feel some shitstorm is about to fall/is falling down  ) people try harder to gather that energy = MOAR HIGH HEELS! smile

and thank you for your kind welcome, i have been reading for quite some time, just decided to join recently.

#44 Wed 4th Nov 2009 06:36 pm

EerieElle
Eternally Evolving

I was waiting to post in this topic for awhile but after Palehorse's insightful response to Thomas Paine on 'glamour' it's a great sync for me to finally reply to.

SiriArc mentioned something very wonderful...

Back When,

Laz Mentioned The Parameters Of The “Type“ Of Suit WE Put On

Has To Do With That Specific Aspect Of The Soul‘s Healing,

And,

Where the Greatest (Current) Capability Of Achievement Lies.

This really hit home for me.  In the past few months I've come to terms with my Gender Identity Dysphoria - classic woman-in-man's-body deal.  The best explanation I've heard for how it feels is to think about how when your underwear fits nicely you don't notice it at all but if it doesn't, you can't help but notice.  I used to wish every night for years I would magically awake with all my things in order and I'd just have to ease right in to being the real me.  I even saved money to buy hormones when I was 18 and moved out of the house but I knew I didn't have nearly enough self confidence to proceed and gave up until recently synchronized events made me realize otherwise.

It's funny because there are definite periods when I would be highly focused into pursuing that part of myself but then something would happen and they'd be completely repressed for a matter of months or years... I would not think twice (or even once) about that part of myself during these times... then some 'random' event would spark it up again.  I sort of see it now as definitive 'choice-points' where if I had made the decision to pursue my transition then, I would have set into motion a different kind of life.  I'm now 24, but the track I'm on now is very promising and I am a much stronger person.  The fact that even 'men' in their 70s are willing to transition because of the psychological relief it provides really made me consider how I'm living in my prime and to pass it up now would be foolish - especially since the effectiveness of hormones starts to wane after about 25.  The amount of synchronicities I've had in the past few months regarding my situation borders on ridiculous.  It feels like a scripted event in a movie meant to be funny by cluing the audience in on something about a character without the knowledge of other ones... a device often used in a series like Dexter (which is awesome).

Anywho, I took advantage of the holiday and decided to go as myself-myself for National Crossdresser's Day, I mean, Halloween.  I had gotten an awesome Jimi Hendrix shirt from a thrift store for my one girlfriend who I've told my deal to, but she suggested I try it on, I suggested dressing for Halloween and so we used the rest of her closet to my advantage.  Last Tuesday, I went to a fancy classy party with a bunch of old folks so I invited her over because they had free food and an open bar.  We saw a little girl walking by herself looking for her Papa (not her Daddy, the other cool dude) and I pointed him out to her.  She turned to go then turned around and said, "Are you a girl?" Granted I have long hair and a girlish figure but I am also 6'5"!  I told her no, but it made my day.  Then as we walked in the door we were originally going in, a woman I know commented on how glad she was that I was wearing flats instead of heels because I make her feel so short.  Me and this friend just recently got a tattoo together of "eh4aR" (everything happens for a Reason) and these crazy coincidences (along with a whole slew more) sort of stack the evidence for this path I know I should be on.

Anyway, Halloween was awesome - I had bought a sports bra that has a camelbak-esque pouch inside to store booze in and had a lot of fun with that.  I was dubbed "hottest chick at the party" by my friends, and a girl that I went with to get booze twice was edging me to mask my voice and such to fool people at the supermarket which was fun in itself, but we ended up tongue talking later anyway and I think she's a really special girl.  One of the craziest synchronicities has to be that I had asked my mom a few weeks back what my name would have been if I was a girl, and three separate people of independent volition all decided to call me that name at the party... I have a feeling the Universe is trying to tell me something.

Anyhow, I think Palehorse Redivivus hit the nail on the head about the heart of the matter.  Glamour itself isn't evil in any way - without it, not only would I have trouble expressing the gender I want to be expressed, it is certainly an avenue for creativity and self-expression that is equally valid as being all-natural or whatever.  I understand that TP probably meant it in terms of an overarching concept with its spirals of vanity, self-shame and et cetera but I need all the help I can get to get the world and myself to see the real me.  I don't feel that I am deceiving anyone and am certainly not intending to, but my male self is the actual deception that I've been functioning with for far too long.

Thanks for reading, it feels good to get off my shoulders every once in awhile.  smile

#45 Wed 4th Nov 2009 10:38 pm

11eagle11

voici wrote:

SW and Falvion, thank-you so very much for these beautiful poems.  I sent them to my voice teacher of 20 yrs. who recently volunteered to help me with a voice recital in memory of mother who past away last December.  My voice teacher is an amazing woman.  She is now 84 years old.  She has survived the loss of her son, at 16, two heart operations and is a survivor of breast cancer.  She has had four students on Broadway, one of whom you might have seen on Glee a couple of weeks ago.  She has had two students sing at LaScala and three at the Met.  When I met Judy Collins three weeks ago I had her sign a copy of her book Singing Lessons for my teacher.  Judy knew of her and asked for her telephone number.  Like most master teachers, my lessons for the past two months consisted of laughs, tears, and blatant honesty.  She knew when to crack the whip and when to praise. Three weeks ago my accompanist came down with pneumonia and my teacher caught a terrible virus from her grandson whose school was closed down because of a terrible bug that passed through here.  Thanks to TP, I drank lots of tea with lemon, honey, and tumeric.  I flushed lots of my nasal passages and immediately began taking 5 drops of oregono oil twice dairly.  I still came down with laryingitis but this passed within one week of my recital.  It has been eight years since I have taken the stage because I chose to stop working and be the official care-giver to my grandmother with Alzheimers, my grandfather with Parkinson's, and my mother with Dementia.  My recital was yesterday, All Souls Day, I sang to the memory of not just my immediate family but to all my ancestors who now sing through me. I sang a celtic song called The Blessing which fits so fittingly with Amergin's song.  I wore the long strand of pearls that belonged to my maternal grandmother and a beautiful cameo necklace that had belonged to my paternal grandmother.  I honored these women, but to tell you the truth the men in my life were just as instrumental in this endeavor.
Anyway, I want to thank Nobledreams for helping me keep my dream alive.  The dream to share my songs with others.  For all the men, women, and lurkers who have joined us on our quest for a better world, my humble, and sincere gratitude to all of you.  Blue, now that I am no longer a starving artist I hope to be sending you some pay-pal money for keeping this baby going.  ZENDEN, I toasted you last night after the show.  That bar was rockin!  Well, as I type I'm crying like a baby.  Love to All, voici

So glad I caught this post tonite, Voici!

Wonderful and beautiful and glorious...I can feel the Spirit flowing from Your Voice and that Celtic song...The Blessing!
Thank You for sharing...it is an honor to know You!!!
http://www.bell-book-candle.co.uk/acatalog/Celtic_Blessings.jpg

"Let Your Spirit Soar!"

#46 Thu 5th Nov 2009 02:59 am

SiriArc
AD VO ZIN

EerieElle,

Nicely written 1st.

As some have noted, Your Essence

isn't

aguyoragal

It's a
TRANSDUCER

Form Follows Function

You Have Done, And WILL Do

Regardless of the clothes You wear

11   23   11

#47 Thu 5th Nov 2009 06:27 am

SW

SiriArc wrote:

EerieElle,

Nicely written 1st.

As some have noted, Your Essence

isn't

aguyoragal

It's a
TRANSDUCER

Form Follows Function

You Have Done, And WILL Do

Regardless of the clothes You wear

Very nicely written and so happy to meet you. Yesterday thinking of this thread I read these words

I'm straight, I'm pissed, and I can't stand the hate anymore.
Posted by givemebackmycountry in General Discussion
Wed Nov 04th 2009, 03:15 AM
I'm different.
I look different and that's not my fault.
I was born that way.
It's a birth defect called NF1, and it causes tumors to grow all over the body, inside and outside.
I didn't ask for this shit.
I had the most difficult type of NF1 at least for me, what's called "spontaneous NF1" which is one fucked up way of describing what happened.
Spontaneous is a three car accident on a Saturday morning in a Starbucks parking lot.

Spontaneous NF1 means you look one way at 35 and by 40 you look "different"
And by different, someone with NF1 has what I can only describe as pieces of rice under your skin.
Some bigger than others, and lot's of them.
It's wonderful for first impressions, and working in a professional environment as I do for a fortune 500 company.
Walk into a room one day with 20 people that you don't know with a face that looks like a cheese pizza and you will understand.
I deal with it.
I ain't fucking different.

I was the shit in my 20's and early 30's.
Full head of brown, thick hair from my grandmother on my mother's side.
Irish, tall at 6'4 and 180lbs of shit talking New Yorker.
I had a big mouth, and a sharp wit, and I pretty much fell into a good life after a not so good start that included a divorce and a well deserved stint in jail.
Then I changed things up and things broke for me and in reality I got lucky.
Good job, a couple of long term girlfriends, and many friends.
Some of those friends were gay.

Lydia was my friend.
Lydia was gay.

She worked with me in Dallas in the 80's and she used to cut my hair, and we would smoke joints and listen to jazz music.
Her Mom, Shirley owned a neighborhood hair salon in the hood.
Every time Lydia dragged me in there, Shirley would grab me by the arm and scream "feel this white boy's hair" and I had five black women running their hands through my hair with admiration.
And when we would leave Shirley, a big proud black woman herself, would give me a big hug and tell me "you're good by me".
Because I was a stupid white boy, that somehow was friends with her 6'3" gay daughter, and she knew I didn't give a shit about that.

Lydia loved Sheena Easton and Miles Davis.
She looked like Kareem Abdul Jabar.
She had a spat with a girlfriend, and she started dating someone else, and the old girlfriend got pissed and gave some crack to some street hood.
That street hood caught up with Lydia as she was checking her mail after church, arms loaded with groceries on a sunny Sunday morning, and shot her in the head three or four times.

I never thought about the fact that she was gay, all I cared about was that she liked the same music I did and she made me laugh.
And I'm thinking about her tonight.
I'm thinking about the gay people that I know right now, and that I have known in my life, and in my heart I know that everyone of them that I called my friend is hurting tonight.
I was pissed when I started this, and now I'm just sad.

Tomorrow morning some people will walk out the door gay, and I'll walk out the door with a fucked up face and a attitude.
We're just people.
Trying to get along and ahead, despite what people think of us.
All I want is to be happy, and I don't think that anyone should get to vote on that for me, or anyone else.
That ain't right.

It's like the Dude said in the Big Lebowski.
"That's like, your opinion man".

I ain't fucking different, and neither is anyone else.
People can't control the fact that we grow into who we are.
And gay or straight, like Shirley used to say when she would hug me, "you're good by me".

I wish the people who voted against my friends, dead or living, had half the heart that Shirley and her daughter did.
And the fact that they don't makes me sad, and I'm going to bed thinking of my friend.
I miss her.

I just read this back to myself and I almost deleted it, but on second thought, fuck it.
I'm posting it anyway.

"You're good by me".

To all my friends here on NR -

A boy with a coin he found in the weeds
With bullets and pages of trade magazines
Close to a car that flipped on the turn
When God left the ground to circle the world

A girl with a bird she found in the snow
Then flew up her gown and that’s how she knows
That God made her eyes for crying at birth
Then left the ground to circle the Earth

A boy with a coin he crammed in his jeans
Then making a wish he tossed in the sea
Walked to a town that all of us burn
When God left the ground to circle the world

I doubt I make any type of sense except to myself. But that's just the way it is.

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

#48 Sat 7th Nov 2009 12:35 am

CrowClaw13
Infantile Greenhorn

Not bashing here and I consider myself to be bias-ly programmed, and as outmoded terminology would persist, a semi-identified 'feminist' life unit.  However, Siri, Pale and others posts brought this altruistic bombast back to center, for which my sporadic inner milieu is grateful. To take into account the true patriarchy, i.e. normalized psychopathy is ultimately key, and rolling back to so-called neo-"fertility cult" (not fond of this label) ways is not particularly an authentic mode of attaining the 'that-which-is-free'.

Susan Rowland   Jung:  A Feminist Revision

Samuel's is also highly critical of the concentration upon the feminine principle, seeing it both as theoretically and politically flawed.  ...The result politically is that the cultural contribution to gender is ignored, so that Jungian Feminism aims at a simple reversal of power

Ah and we know what superfluous harbingers be.  Dazzlingly creative; an un-reined DID agent reigning noxiously its potent infection-affections...those darn rag tag revolutions...abuser 1 pupating into modified abuser2+++.  My anarchist peers would cringe at such a metaphoric suggestion. 

The schizoid author cometh:

Oy, psycho-Dagons rise in many suits as judicious board-folk rightly warn

Soapy and amorphous
Slips from the conditioned finger-strained constructs

how does It approach that genderless androgyn adult
redefining masc/fem un-templated by
dualist crowned destroyers

...just another ankle cuff

forging full steam ahead those hyper extreme complexities
of generalized repute 

both utopias are mad

slinking Snow Queen and its mirror-on-the-walls +
the Macho Mutilator of bygone mythologies

these emo-tards are not our celestial kin!

potentialist images
of Comrades on high
lie along paths untraveled

Picture Story Peoples
who make themselves
as we make ourselves
tempered
we hope
as we temper ourselves

unhinged from futurist outcomes
thus

a mage is born without duplicitous well-meanings
it has multiplicity parent-aptitude
in itself outside projected
unaffected by body-split roll play

forget about it
anyone can play

(Diversity nicely
straight and queer alike)

"I don't think outside the box...I just find a bigger one"     - some retired sorcerer

Be outwardly courteous to all without distinction, whether they be rich or poor, friends or enemies, power-possessors or slaves, and to whatever religion they may belong, but inwardly remain free and never put much trust in anyone or anything     -a lost bard's commandment

#49 Sat 7th Nov 2009 12:40 am

CrowClaw13
Infantile Greenhorn

oops meant abus(ed) 1 not abuser 1. 

-Perfectionist editor fin

"I don't think outside the box...I just find a bigger one"     - some retired sorcerer

Be outwardly courteous to all without distinction, whether they be rich or poor, friends or enemies, power-possessors or slaves, and to whatever religion they may belong, but inwardly remain free and never put much trust in anyone or anything     -a lost bard's commandment

#50 Thu 12th Nov 2009 06:22 am

SW

In his life, a man comes across 3 women: Eve (mother), Helen (love) and Sophia (wisdom).

If he is lucky he will meet all three. However, some never do find Sophia (wisdom) or even see her.

Because what she offers is there for any man who wants it, many think she is a whore and berate her with insults!

Collectively She is the Feminine Sacred Triad.

They are One and She is Three, at the same time.

This Sacred Triad is a projection of what we have within us.

Yet, should we lack any aspect of the Three, we will never meet Her for She cannot be seen until we have Her for ourselves.

From the Book Of Wisdom Of Solomon:

1 She reacheth therefore from end to end mightily, and ordereth all things sweetly.

2 Her have I loved, and have sought her out from my youth, and have desired to take her for my spouse, and I became a lover of her beauty.

3 She glorifieth her nobility by being conversant with God: yea and the Lord of all things hath loved her.

4 For it is she that teacheth the knowledge of God, and is the chooser of his works.

5 And if riches be desired in life, what is richer than wisdom, which maketh all things?

6 And if sense do work: who is a more artful worker than she of those things that are?

7 And if a man love justice: her labours have great virtues; for she teacheth temperance, and prudence, anad justice, and fortitude, which are such things as men can have nothing more profitable in life.

8 And if a man desire much knowledge: she knoweth things past, and judgeth of things to come: she knoweth the subtilties of speeches, and the solutions of arguments: she knoweth signs and wonders before they be done, and the events of times and ages.

9 I purposed therefore to take her to me to live with me: knowing that she will communicate to me of her good things, and will be a comfort in my cares and grief.

10 For her sake I shall have glory among the multitude, and honour with the ancients, though I be young:

11 And I shall be found of a quick conceit in judgment, and shall be admired in the sight of the mighty, and the faces of princes shall wonder at me.

12 They shall wait for me when I hold my peace, and they shall look upon me when I speak, and if I talk much they shall lay their hands on their mouths.

13 Moreover by the means of her I shall have immortality: and shall leave behind me an everlasting memory to them that come after me.

14 I shall set the people in order: and nations shall be subject to me.

15 Terrible kings hearing shall be afraid of me: among the multitude I shall be found good, and valiant in war.

16 When I go into my house, I shall repose myself with her: for her conversation hath no bitterness, nor her company any tediousness, but joy and gladness.

17 Thinking these things with myself, and pondering them in my heart, that to be allied to wisdom is immortality,

18 And that there is great delight in her friendship, and inexhaustible riches in the works of her hands, and in the exercise of conference with her, wisdom, and glory in the communication of her words: I went about seeking, that I might take her to myself.

19 And I was a witty child and had received a good soul.

20 And whereas I was more good, I came to a body undefiled.

21 And as I knew that I could not otherwise be continent, except God gave it, and this also was a point of wisdom, to know whose gift it was: I went to the Lord, and besought him, and said with my whole heart:

http://st-takla.org/pub_Deuterocanon/De … lomon.html

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

Board footer